From NZD 1795 per person
Please enquire with the form
- Location: Whaganamoa near Nelson, South Island
- 3 nights/4 days
- Guided tour of Marlborough vineyards
- 4WD rental car for 3 days*
Please enquire with the form
* We can also arrange other forms of transport, for example arriving in style by helicopter. Just ask us about the options.
Peak View Retreat: Stunning hilltop luxury lodge overlooking the ocean
This remote luxury retreat is just perfect if you’re looking for a relaxing few days to celebrate a special occasion or just to recharge your batteries.
Peak View Retreat is perched on top of a hill, about a 45-minute drive from Nelson. The stunning retreat makes the absolute most of its unique location: Big floor-to-ceiling windows allow you to gaze over the ocean no matter where in the house you are. The living area on the top floor has a fully equipped kitchen and living room with a wood fire oven. The sliding doors open to a massive deck with a big table so you can enjoy breakfast in the sun overlooking Cable Bay.
Downstairs are two bedrooms (one with a king bed, the other with a queen bed), both also with amazing views and with full access to a deck. Read a book lounging in the hammock or relax in the woodfired hot tub, the choice is all yours.
Your hosts Natalia and Allan make sure you’ll have everything you need and more. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just need a time out from life, Peak View Retreat is the perfect place for it.
Wine Tasting Tour in Marlborough
While it can be hard to get out of the hot tub every once in a while, the guided wine tour to Marlborough will absolutely be worth it.
Your guide Rod picks you up from Peak View Retreat so you can taste all the wine you like without having to worry about driving.
Rod loves to share his vast wine knowledge with you and explain how the wines in Marlborough, one of New Zealand’s most famous wine regions, are grown and picked. His passion for the fermented grape juice will soon enough catch you, too.
During the tour, you’ll visit four different Marlborough wineries where you taste several varietals and you stop at another for lunch. The wine tastings are included, lunch is additional.
Because Peak View Retreat is off the beaten path, you’ll need a car to get there and to get around. The private road up to the retreat can be a little rough at times which is why we included a Toyota RAV4 (or similar) in your package. To make sure you won’t have any worries at all, the package also includes the insurance package (see more under ‘included).
- 3 nights at 5* Peak View Retreat, exclusive use
- Car rental for 3 days (Inclusive Insurance: GST, Unlimited kilometres, reduced Accident Excess Reduction (AER) to Nil, Airport & Ferry Fees, Comprehensive insurance and 24 hour emergency road side service). Pre-authorized rental bond: On pick up your credit card will pre-authorised with NZ$250.00 as a bond.
- Full day Marlborough wine tour, pick-up and drop-off at the retreat, includes tastings
- Lunch during the wine tour
- Other meals
- Entry fee to other attractions or activities